My Travels

Google

Friday, July 08, 2005

Stuck at the Amari Bangkok Airport....


So here I am... rush my ass from khane and some really good food to the airport, only to find out Kenya Airways couldn't deliver the fucking plane on time... it's stuck in Hong Kong with a "mechanical problem" so it looks like I'm spending the night in class.... :) I guess I can't complain, I just hope I make it to Nairobi at a decent time tomorrow.

Today was a very busy busy day, from waking up early, catching my flight from Samui to Bangkok, passing out on the plane... cold... checking my bag through to Nairobi (hope it's safe, they cut the lock the last time around)

Got to Bangkok safe and sound, jumped on the airport bus to get my plane tickets sorted out...then the driver forgot to tell me my stop, so I ended up wandering the streets, found a place to get my glasses fixed, they'll order new lenses for me and replace them when I get back to Bangkok... :) ended up finding some crazy taxi driver that offered to drive me to where I needed to go for 20baht... ya right.. but anyways, took the ride, went to some cheesy tailor shop so that the guy could get free gas, then went to the STA Travel office.. and the taxi dude bailed on me... figured he wasn't getting any commision off of me...

changed all my tickets...got a refund on one of them to pay for the other which wasn't a bad deal.

Anyways, wandered the streets aimlessly, went and dropped my bags off at the suit place after trying them on... damn I look hot... got a comment about my green hair, so I attempted to find a place that had blue.. not bloody likely, they wanted 1200 - 1500 baht for it... fuck that noise.. ended up in the local markets with people looking at me funny, one lady even just looked at me in her store, said "NO" and shooed me out... WTF?

Decided to take a taxi to the same hair place I went to the first time, after eating great sushi and Udon at a japanese place in the Mall... nice mall mind you, but bloody expensive...

got my hair done, and bought a tube of the color so that I can get it redone when it goes green again...lol... BTW: Anybody want a Student Card? email me and lemme know, they are realy cheap in Thailand... along with drivers licenses and press cards...

now at this point I was in a mad rush to get to the Tailors to pick up my shit, traffic was hell, so I jumped on the back of a motorcycle taxi as he booked in inbetween traffic, along the lines, across oncoming traffic.. it was madness... but he got me there in really good time... :) gave him a bit of a tip... a whole 20 baht... love this country...

Then it was a mad rush to make it to Khane, but managed to get there, thanks to the guys at the Tailor Shop, if you're ever in Bangkok, check them out, great service, very personal, and they do a good job, tell them Feisal from Canada referred you

Peter Nang Factory
Bangkok Thailand
2380996-7
6330801-6
peternangfactory@yahoo.com


made it to Khane aiight, nice place, very hospitable people, but I had to leave after a quick dinner to make my flight... should have checked ahead, would have realized that the damn thing is delayed!

oh well, here's where I get to stay ;)

http://www.amari.com/airport/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home