My Travels

Google

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Diving!

wandered the streets of town last nite... it's a very quaint, very quiet place, lots of little watering holes and resorts... and strays... lots of stray dogs and cats... no wonder the Thai food tastes so good... all their meat is 'free range' ha ha

I ended up buying a new pair of glasses, tried them on, got my prescription done, picked the frames... couldn't get the ones I wanted, I guess my prescription is too high to get the photogray glasses, oh well, c'est la vie, settled on a pair with the clip on sunnies...

Found a place to eat that had decent music on, watched a bit of a VH1 Show called motormouth, as well as a show on the lifestyles of the Friends cast... my god, I never realized how much money they made, and how much they will make off of syndication... perhaps I should move to LA and become and Actor... or possibly India.. hmm...body double for Abi?

Anyways, it was off to bed for me after watching a bit of HBO, slept fairly ok, had to be up early...mmm...breakfast, the fruit here tastes really good, especially when you are eating it beachside looking at the water :) met my dive instructor and the rest of the team and then our adventure began, aside from the choppy seas, the dive boat that was in excellent condition (yes I'm imbelishing) but it was cool to jump on it from the pier as there was no ramp or anything, just reach with your hands and hope you don't fall inbetween the boat and the concrete pier, or else.....I'd become a Chai Squishy... lol...

Our first dive got called off, we were supposed to dive to 30m, but the current was way too strong, so our instructor brought us back to the surface... we chilled for a bit and then did our next dive in an area called Mango bay.. got to learn Navigation skills... the vis was pretty alright, about 7m or so, but it had some nice coral and sandy floors... saw a giant Sea Cucumber looking thing, but it was hanging off some underwater flowers... interesting looking thing... I enjoyed the dive aside from the damn currents... booo... we headed back into town, grabbed a quick bite to eat (and a cappucino) and then no less than 30 minutes later we were back out there for our Night Dive... vis was poor, and boy was it choppy, but we accomplished a great dive, we even ended up turning off our torches for a good 10 minutes at least while we were down there... it's a very very dark dark world in the water, but its amazing the kind of shapes that you can make out.. and the vis is not as bad as you would think.. it was actually clearer with the lights off... on our way out of the water, the boat was going up and down so much, that you had to be super careful of the ladder to the dive deck, it was going all the way up, and all the way down, if it hit you, that would be the end of ya... thankfully, everyone made it out in one piece and we got back to the resort with no issue...

I took a COLD shower.. I guess the cheap rooms don't have hot water... :( listened to some muzzak and now I'm off for some free indian food at a new restaurant that's opening up... I'm amazed at the # of Indian food restaurants there are in this part of the world... I think it might have something to do with it's proximity to India.. ya figure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home