My Travels

Google

Monday, May 30, 2005

Sniff, Sniff..Sniff, Sniff..... I smell....SKANK!

Clubbin was funnn the place was quite a meat market, everybody all upscale and shit
a place called Establishment... reminded me of the Palace in the early days... then it was off to have pies outside in the cold at 3am... gotta love grease that ain't good for ya at such a great time eh?

Sunday woke up..barely... went to the Zoo with Natashya... it was fun.. but I expected alot more, there was lots of room for the people to walk around, but I felt bad for the animals b/c there wasn't alot of room for them... great views of the city tho!

Had dinner at Scruffy Murphys Irish pub, not bad... hit the internet cafe to upload the rest of the pics (I know, I've been slow at getting them to ya...sorry) packed my sorry ass bag and went out for coffee... :)

woke up at an awful hour of 4:45am... and it was off to catch the plane...only when I got downstairs.. I find out that I could have slept for another hour and taken the train to the airport instead... waaaa....and it would have only cost an extra $3

fine, whatever.... got to the airport and was able to chill in the Airport lounge (I love my priority pass) and eat my Egg McMuffin...mmm...colesterall...mmmm

got on the damn plane, Australian Airlines...didn't know what to expect... but wow, the seats had legroom, the staff was friendly, I was sleeping and they put the tray down and popped the food on it for me... ain't that great! and you'd think that breakfast would be some shit meal... nope, it was all stuff I like... Omlette with potatoes and spinach and' shrooms with a tomato sauce, a nice roll with whipped butter and this really good strawberry jam, there was a pecan muffin (and this one was a muffin, not the cake disguised as a muffin that I had for brekky before hitting the zoo), AND they had Peach and Mango yogurt...mmm.mmm.mmm delish-us

got to Cairns and I swear it was like arriving at a resort town like Bahamas, Cancun etc... water, blue skies, humid and palm trees... .excellent! got da bus to the hostel, checked in, got settled, went to town, wandered, booked a tour to Cape Tribulation and my Greyhound bus pass, ate at this kewl Turkish restaurant, booked a room at Gilligans which is this awesome party resort in town, bought a shirt that I've always wanted.... but I think they lost the translation when it was printed in China... "Wanted - Overnight Meaningful Relationship" I can't wait to wear it out!!!!

There are so many cool shops in Cairns, the even have a few indian stores with some really cool clothes in it... it's amazing how accepting of indians people are here... a lot more so than we are in Canada (with the exception of Vancouver)

hit the pool, the hot tub (wasn't hot) made some friends... it's an ok resort...a little tame... oh desperate housewives should be on soon, gotta run in a bit...
I ate Vietnamese Chicken with Wide noodles...mmm...until I raked in the chilli... it got stuck to my teeth so I was using my tongue to get it loose.... bad idea... oh well, gave me the excuse to eat a pineapple cheescake! mmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home