My Travels

Google

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

mmmm....Butter Chicken

What a nite... wasn't super hectic, but a very good one... went back to the hostel and checked in, can you beleive it, there was someone at the front desk? amazing eh?

got to my room, what a dive, smells like wet socks, the dude in my room is kinda sketchy... oh well, at least there's only 2 of us in a 4 share room, I think with 4 people it would be pretty cramped.. and smelly..er...

watched a bit of 50 first dates in the TV room, until the disc decided to quit about halfway through the movie... it's all good, at least I've seen it before... :)

Went out to an Indian Restaurant for dinner, The Last Train to Bombay it's called, food wasn't too bad, the chicken was really yummy, but I had to send it back for them to add some chillies... was a little too unspicy for me..lol... made friends with the waiters.. .they were asking all sorts of questions about Canada and what it's like... can you beleive they make Masala Tea (Chai) here from a teabag? like a masala teabag..yuck...tastes so watered down... gimme the real stuff... please?

wandered around Manly Corso (the main strip), chilled at the beachside watching the waves roll in... it's so calming...lots of people running around town and the beach... I walked back to the Corso area and heard what I thought was a loud CD playing... ended up being this guitar chic in a cafe called In Situ playing the guitar and singing.. it was soo good, what a voice.. I just chilled there by the heater and comfy couch and listened for an hour or so, great songs, very calming... a very memorable moment, I sat there and went back in my mind to all the diff places I've been and the things I've done... this trip has really been very eventful and I'm very glad I did it... I have no idea how I'm gonna pay it off (there's always that job at McDonalds.. Crew Trainer!), but I guess I'll worry about that later... for now it's a matter of focussing on having as much fun as possible... and making the most of the time off, I probably will never get the chance again, although I hope that I do one day... make it a family thing eh?

after that it was back to the hostel, caught the last bit of the OC and it was time for la la... got into bed and passed out for a few hours... it was weird.. time seems to move so slowly here... couldn't sleep properly either, I think it's cuz it's a new place / bed / etc... in the middle of the night, I felt something in my hair.. thought it was just the back of the bed, until I ran my hand through my hair and heard a thunk against the wall... tried not to think of what it was... then this morning.. ya, I saw my first Aussie Cockroach.. my god these things are massive! I moved my bag to get my clothes, and saw the thing scurry across the floor onto the wall and behind the bed... of course I shrieked like a little girl and jumped back... took a few seconds to catch my breath before I could go near the bag again... still get the creeps thinking about it... yech... I can handle doin 252km/h in a car, or 235km/h on a bike, doing an 80 foot free fall from 120ft in the air, hanging my feet over cliffs that overlook treacherous water, but I can't handle cockroaches... go figure...reminds me of the time that I saw a roach in the basement of the old place in Toronto... god that was embarrasing... but of course I'm not gonna tell you that story..

yech...gives me the heebie jeebies... yech...

anyways, got ready and hit the cafe again for cheap brekky... read the paper they had there, there was an article on the Calgary Stapede, kewl eh? then decided to hit the gym for some odd reason, it's been raining like crap here, finally now the sun is coming out... hopefully I'll get some beach time... it's a little cold to tan, but I gotta touch the water and walk the length of the beach at least... and check out Oceanworld... should be fun times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home