My Travels

Google

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Back at the Cafe... lol

Went straight to bed after getting home in the AM, bleh tired... serves me right... how the hell was I able to sit and work for that long every day (oh yeah... I didn't actually do anything did I?) woke up around noonish, ate, went back to bed. Got woken up at around 3:30 and had to get dressed and showered supa fast so I could head over to Khane with Salima. It was great! the kids were practising for a play that's coming up, and lucky me, I got to help out... reading lines and standing in, not a bad deal, reminds me of grade school days and school plays... some of these kids are extremely talented.. it's also good to see the community here come together like that. Met Zai who is originally from Nairobi, for those that know her, she says HI! she actually went to school with one of my cousins... small world eh?

Left khane and went for dinner at this pretty cool pub... here they have this really strange self service thing, no waiters or waitresses, order food and drink at the bar and bring it to your table... tres weird. Me had a yummy steak and a coke ... mmm....mmm... good... had chai and watched Bride and Prejudice, great movie, I recommend it... it's a little stereotypical, but not bad. lots of funny parts...

Now I hope I am able to wake up at a half decent hour tomorrow, wouldn't mind checking out the beach... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home