My Travels

Google

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Abu Dhabi!...

I just got back from Lovely Abu Dhabi (not really, it's quite boring there)
but on the bright side, it was 39C today!!!! I had one heck of a grin when I got off the bus...wowee... Got up in the morning, went over to the bus station, grabbed the bus and away we went... nice drive about 1.5-2 hours away, lush green grass, lots of palm trees, kinda reminds me of Miami in the sense of how it is portrayed in hollywood (the greenery only) the trees weren't as tall, but still not bad. All I really did was wander and wander.. checked out two of the malls, went and saw the Marina Mall.. and excellent mall, lots of stores, found a really cool FCUK shirt... it said... "Filthy" on it... but I didn't buy it cuz it was too expensive...plus, I wouldn't want to give someone the wrong idea...lol.. [I really hate it when you are trying to remember what you did today, and you can't.. I'm sitting here and can't remember :( ]

checked out some more of the stores, had a Dunkin Donuts coffee (Hafeez, the ones are still better) some timbits (Damn I miss Timmy's) saw this incredibly large cigar.. I mean this thing was HUGE.. they had it on a stand that you would see samurai swords on. Will have to get one... one day....

oh remembered that I went on a circular escalator.. the thing went up, but in a semi circle.. kinda cool, made me a little dizzy...

anyhoo, I left the Marina mall and took a few pictures... saw this AMAZING hotel that they've built (I think it used to be the presidential conference centre or something) but the damn thing is huge..

In my attempts to find out where Khane was (Thanks Imran) I was unsuccessful, so one of Sarfraz' and Rafiq's friends picked me up from Marina Mall (where I just finished eating Popeyes... mmm...bizzcuitzz) and they (Imran and Ahmed) dropped me to khane before they went back to work... they make you work crazy hours here. Khane was good, very very small, smaller than Halifax and Mombasa (Bamburi), but it was good. Finally got a cab (why is it that when you want one, you can't find it, and when you don't want one, they're EVERYWHERE!!!) got to the bus station and then got on da bus 2 Doobai... hit the hotel, they fixed the leak in the bathroom..YAY.. then I came here... what an eventful day...eh?

3 Comments:

  • ur a dorkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

  • lik i read ur story and i say a nice one, not.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • sory but its a nice story.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home