My Travels

Google

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Late night... berry berry tired...

What a crazy ass day.... Went to Versailles to check out the sights... my god this palace is amazing... now I know what they meant by living like a king. The house is bloody huge, with this amazing pond, green grass, water fountains. There is a room called the chamber of mirrors that is full of mirrors that reflect art and light..wow....met Randy and Nicole from Chicago, they are here studying architecture and get to go and see all of these sites...as part of school!!! now thats what I call getting an education..

Headed back pretty late back to Paris, wanted to go to the Louvre...but the damn thing closed early...grr... so I headed back to the hotel. Freshened up and got ready to go out again... ended up meeting Jen from Victoria... she's staying in the room right next door to mine... small small world..she's in Paris studying international business..not a bad deal either.... I didn't really have plans other than to eat and check out some sights, so we hung out for a few hours...grabbed a drink at a cafe and some dinner... it's a great thing in Paris, all the patio chairs face the streets... all people do is chat, people watch and drink...craziness. It was good to actually speak canadian again... I have this bad habit of talking differently to people differently when I'm in another country for some reason...

If you're ever in Paris, check out Cafe Indiana, great food, great atmosphere... and their prices are reasonable. Its a chain, they have a few locations around.

I did get in trouble at the hotel for not leaving my key when I left... I'm not sure why they do that, but I left it with them before I headed out again to see the Champs D'Elysess and the Arc de Triomph.

Jumped on the Metro and headed to check out this strip...wow, so busy and crazy, lots of people all decked out and roaming the streets. Clubs pumping music, cafes with people... def an experience... if you thought bouncers in canada were big and scary, you aint seen nothing yet...these guys were either scary nigerians, or these big thick european guys that must have been at least 250lbs plus... all muscle... don't wanna fuck with them at the front of the line, these guys could eat most canadian club bouncers for breakfast...

So I figure it's getting late, should get on the Metro before it closes... jump on a train and realize that I got on the wrong one, so I got off and transferred onto the train going the other way,... got off to get the right train...oops.. they're closed now... shit.. now what... so I walked... at 1:00 in the morning, from the Arc de Triomph all the way to the hotel which is near Bastille... took me an hour and a half to get there... but the streets were so safe...there were all sorts of people wandering around.. but I was hurting pretty bad from all the walking... :( Saw some lineups for clubs... 15 Euros to get in... I don't think so...that's a lot of money. Saw a ferrari and a sweet ass mercedes parked outside...like hell I'm getting in there... looked pretty upscale and exclusive...they're all scattered all over the place.. litle ones here and there.

Got back to the hotel and crashed...I was pretty damn tired... I leave soon :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home