My Travels

Google

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Can't Sleep, Can't Stay up....

Geez, Jet lag sucks.

Went to bed at about 8:30 last night, tossed and turned, figured I had a decent nites sleep, then looked at the clock..it was midnite... so back to bed it was. finally got my butt out at about 6:30 am and grabbed the free breakfast in the dining room. This hostel isn't too bad. it's got some nice facilities, seems to be a lot of people as well.
Checked out the South Kensington area today, went to see the Ismailia Centre, the V&A Museum, and the Museum of Natural History... pretty cool places, and FREE entrance to the museums.. they have lots of really nice historic stuff.. pretty neat. walked around, ended up outside Gloucester Road Station and there were sooo many people partying on the streets, it was insane.. buyin beer from the supermarkets and partying!! I found out later that it's a holiday in NZ and all these New Zealanders were celebrating... that would explain the enourmous amounts of people.. I should have taken a picture.. oh well.
So I'm still pretty tired. should have tried to go clubbing tonite, but can't...what a waste of a Saturday nite... maybe if I don't go on that tour next Weekend. The tour that I wanted isn't available so I have 5 extra days to kill. They say there's lots to do and see here, so I'm up for a bit of an adventure. The Toob makes it real easy to get around (but not Cheap by any means).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home