My Travels

Google

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Grillers in the Mist

Go figure a place like Nando's to have something like that written on a shirt.
At first it may not sound funny... but try it with an English accent.. then it really sounds funny.

So this morning, I go for some good ole rotten ronnies (I think I'm addicted) for breaky.. and make my way to catch my bus... but whadda ya know.. the tour is cancelled.. something about a river or something like that... so I got a discount (A whole £9, which isn't too bad if you think about it) off off http://www.astraltravels.co.uk/uk-london-tours/bath_stonehenge_tour.htm
This tour... Stonehenge, the important one was still there, so I went on it.

It was a good tour. The guide was excellent. I got to see the houses that Mary Poppins jumped and danced over in the first part of the movie. Further on, saw Windsor Castle from afar... it's pretty big yo... in the town of Lacock and supposedly stood on the road that the evil man runs across before killing Potters parents.. and some other scenes from the movie http://www.thesnitch.co.uk/site/index.php?class=The%20Snitch&page=Location%20::%20Lacock%20Abbey

Then it was off to Bath, where I saw the old Roman Bath... pretty cool place, kinda like the hot springs... but with a flair of royalty attached. Chilled and walked around there for a bit and then we were off to Stonehenge... but then I was pretty tired.. but walked around, gazed at these large stones that apparently were several tons heavy, and were moved like over 200 miles.. over 4000 years ago.. now that's what I call an accomplishment... mind you, they may have used helicopters... our Canadian Fleet has some that old don't we now?

anyways, pictures are almost uploaded, now I just have to find some time to sort and categorize and title them.

time 2 go check the upload again, looks like it crashed... YAY!!

POS computers

f

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home