My Travels

Google

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I wet myself..again

Overall not a bad day in Thailand, woke up early for aSunday (well, for me everyday is a Sunday...lol)

Met with a schoolmate of one of my dad's friends and his wife and their 3 adorable children. They moved here from Sydney 6 months ago. Hung out with them and then went for lunch at this local Thai restaurant, the food was incredible, fresh young coconut (you know how I like them young), ate this flossed catfish that was really good, along with fried ice cream, beef salad, and really good rotisserie chicken.

After that we went back to the apartment, and the kids and I hid around the corner from their mom and 'surprised' her when she opened the door and wondered where we all were (I'm such a kid). I headed off to the most wonderful place in the world.....

Chatuchak Market, after a snooze in the taxi, almost getting soaked in a monsoon (ok I'm exaggerating) I entered the market, anything and everything you would ever want to buy fro souveniers, home decorations, fod, clothes, you name it, they got it, it was incredible... I bought some stuff (even though I didn't need it..lol) but wish that I could have bought a lot more of it...

Took the Subway for the first time, it's actually quite nice and modern... not something you would expect to see in Bangkok, it's amazing, despite being a 'poor' country, they really have their shit together, if only the bloody africans could figure this out and stop robbing and beating and shooting and mugging people, they too could be enjoying the good life of a big city like this.

As for the title of this, I walked into a mall called Pantip, where I found myself immersed among 5 floors of nothing but MP3 Players, Computers, Digital Cameras (found the one that I have..only seen it twice on my trip, once in London and here), printers, monitors, any and everything to do with tech.... I was in HEAven!!!!

bought more music...it's an addiction I swear.... gotta do something about it. any therapists out there that can help me?

Made my way back to the hotel, put my shit away, had a shower, changed into another one of my new T-Shirts, and then metup with Dusadee and Tony (i met Dus on the Chiang Mai trip) we hit up this really nice place on a side street (gotta love that about Bangkok, everything that's good is hidden away somewhere).

Afterwards we went to Arise the wicked club that's on Rambuttri road... but there wasn't anybody there, so after a drink we took off... I wanted to go see the Ping Pong Show in PatPong....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home