My Travels

Google

Thursday, March 10, 2005

In Dubai...

Wow, I can't believe I'm in Dubai... what a nice place, totally not what I expected. Everything here is so modern and clean. Lots of lights, great roads, nice shops...lots of gadgets ;)

Managed to get hooked up and am staying at a hotel that's run by one of my dad's friends business associate... It's a nice hotel, but the "disco" is quite shady... is a 100% blatant one stop "ho" shop. There's no shortage of prostitutes in the place...there all over... not the most appealing nightclub...but ran into the same thing in Mombasa alebeit on a much smaller and more subtle scale, all of the prettiest girls in the joint were "working" girls... not something I'm used to seeing in Calgary! but this place is something else, there were probably more of them in the club than there were customers !!!

They also have an indian restaurant in the hotel that has a nightly dancing show called Mujjarah. Basically indian girls dressed in bar type clothes or traditional indian dress dance on stage to live music...dirrty old men throw money on the stage and the girls smile and dance some more... no removal of clothing, just straight dancing... very interesting I must say...

I must go have breakfast right now (it's 12:30pm) and then figure out what to do from here. I have a list of things.. but must wait to talk to some people here and see if I can get hooked up with some form of discount!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home