My Travels

Google

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Just got back from on heck of a field trip

So for work I got to go the the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range

Flew out of Calgary on a nice twinprop (no security check, no lines, no hassle) out to Bonnyville Alberta (Top Right on the map)



and from there I had a nice Ford F-150 4x4 waiting for me to drive the 120kms to the plant, had to stop for a quickie orientation before going onto the weapons range (don't touch anything that looks like a bomb or missile)

the work there was fun and productive, it's actually a very beautiful landscape with big trees and flat plains and quite nice and calming...

on the way back the plane had so much turbulence I had a kick ass smile on my face as it went left...and right... and got tossed around pretty good as we came back into calgary... heaps of fun, especially being able to see out of the front of the plane as we approached the runway... almost better than a roller coaster (I said almost)

Overall a great trip, good experience and I made it back without getting eaten by a Caribou, Deer, Bear or Turtle ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home