My Travels

Google

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Only in Hick Town






Saw the funniest thing today... leaving the movie theatre, I saw a nice Benz with a trailer trash pickup truck parked a little too close to it.. thinking geez, the driver is gonna be a tad pissed when he comes back to his car.... then I saw what was parked next to the pickup, a cube van that had it's mirror flush against the pickups mirror (which is attached to the drivers door)

The dilemma that appears here is that the benz can't leave without getting in the passenger side and scooting over if he doesn't want to damage his door... the Pickup dud can't open his door b/c the mirror is against the cube van's mirror, and would have to get in on the passenger side, but would probably dent the benz in the process... now, even if he did get in from the passenger side and scooted over, he can't go forward b/c of the van's mirror, and can't go in reverse b/c the mirror would catch on the van's 'cube'.... the only option is for the cube van to leave, then the pickup, then the benz... pretty twisted eh? dunno how and why this occurred to me, am assuming I need to go and get some professional help...


Saw Redeye that night and here's my review...
Redeye as a movie sucked ass....not as convincing as it should have been, but overall good movie, Rachel McAdams was good looking enough to pull the movie off, but it was fairly predictable.


Off to Edmonton tonite for a birthday party, got a flat tire replaced at Wal-Mart (well they had to replace 2 tires...$$$..sniff...sniff...), went and helped Michelle buy a computer from FutureShop...now as far as small world goes... I hear this really loud crash and noise from a movie that was playing in the home theatre section... now I need to find out what system sounds THAT good, so I head over, about to ask the sales guy which system it is, and the sales guy happens to be none other than a distant cousin of mine that I met in Nairobi when I was there last...pretty crazy eh?

ok, and I have to admit that I am a bit of a geekoid and am really excited about setting up a new office for someone here in Calgary, Color Lasers, Duplex MFC's, VPN, Firewalls, NAS, and tonnes o other fun stuff....

so when I went the other day to pick it up, parked at a meter on the street, went up, got the stuff, and as I came down the gal says, oh, you didn't get a ticket? I'm thinking nope, I paid the meter (proudly of course). Put the stuff in the car and I'm thinkin.. I got some time, I'll go get a coffee... as I close the door, I see a guy giving another dude a ticket, now this guy has money in the meter, so I'm wonder why the hell is he getting a ticket? WTF? I look closer at the signs? it's a no stopping area from 3:30 - 5:30... as the ticket guy turns to walk towards my car, I jump in and drive away... hee hee.. I felt like I was the getaway driver...

off to take a nap so I can do this drive to Edmonton... yuck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home