My Travels

Google

Thursday, April 14, 2005

ah...civilization!

Back in Good Old Dubai!!! lots to do again this time around.. got in last night after a great flight with Emirates... the food ROCKS!! I have to say that they have the best airplane food, it's even better than what I've eaten in some restaurants!
Had the cutest little baby girl sitting next to me... very animated little one, didn't cry very much, and overall fairly well behaved...awww... got into Dubai and at 12:30am it was a whopping 28C (that's +28C for you canadians ..lol..) right now it's about 33 so not too bad. gotta love the humidity :) got a free upgrade at the hotel for one night and stayed in the Deluxe room... very very very nice... I'm now in a normal room :( woke up, headed to McDonalds for a Quarter Pounder with Cheese...mmmm..mmmmm...goood.... can't wait to hit Starbucks for my Caramel Macchiato... YAY... Also saw a guy park his car and put up EnCana Sunshades in the car... really cool to see the old logo.. asked him if he worked for EnCana...dude didn't have a clue what the company was...oh well...still a small world.

lots to do this time around and then off to Aussiland on Monday. I do miss Nairobi very much, the people, the weather, the overwhelming sense of community. The only problem being security and corruption (standy by for a post on Corruption 101)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home